Our daily activities and services are an essential source of support for family caregivers.
Adult day care service centers such as ours, plays an increasing role in providing long-term care services. Not only is adult day services far less expensive than in-home care or nursing care, (average median cost = $60 per day), but it allows them to remain in homelike settings, which is what the majority of caregivers and care recipients desire. In addition, the constant schedule of activities we offer on a daily basis is beneficial as well to individuals.
Activities at our adult day care and activity center are more than just bingo and dominoes. Each day begins with a variety of wellness activities tailored to encompass: social, emotional, spiritual, physical, health and intellectual aspects. Members socialize with friends and like-minded people, while being part of a protective and comfortable homelike environment. We offer a structured and supervised calendar that nurtures the mind, body and spirit of our clients. We are constantly updating and adding creative activities to fulfill each client's needs. For each new day we say, Come Celebrate Life with us!
- Morning discussions about current events
- Cognitive stimulation games: Bowling, Golf, Shuffle Board, Bingo, Chess/Checkers, Dominoes
- Music therapy provided by Joyful Music Therapy - twice per month
- Massage therapy - please inquire about pricing
- Pet therapy twice per month
- Haircuts and styled grooming
- Reading with participation
- Movie Day
- Stretching, yoga and other age appropriate gentle exercises
- Relaxation and meditation classes
- Birthday and holiday celebrations
- Arts and crafts (painting, flower making, mask decorating) along with special occasion creativity